Sustainability at ASURE Gables Motor Lodge
Our sustainable tourism team is actively working towards new initiatives and reducing our Carbon Footprint. If you wish to comment on our current initiatives or have new ideas please notify our reception staff on your departure.
We hope you leave the ASURE Gables Motor Lodge knowing your support helps us maintain the lovely environment we live in.
- Staff are fully trained in energy saving practices (turning off lights and equipment as necessarily)
- LED bulbs used in all areas
- Hot water cylinders set to 55 degrees
- Air conditioning system maintained to ensure efficient use.
- Energy efficient appliances used
- Hot water cylinders and pipes insulated.
- Suites are insulated to reduce heat loss
- Sleep mode is installed on all computers along with LCD screen monitors
- All computers and equipment in offices are switched off when not in use
- Guest given the option to not have room serviced and towels changed daily
- Staff are encouraged to walk, cycle or carpool to work
- All rooms fully insulated
- Full recycling system in place -Glass, Cardboard, Tins, Aluminium, Paper and Plastic
- Bulk ordering done in all departments to avoid excess packaging – packaging returned to supplier for recycling
- Limited printing of emails, reservations, and general paperwork
- Recycled paper used for note paper, internal printing and where appropriate
- Eco friendly cleaning products used to a minimum
- Milk is available in sterilised glass bottles for guests on arrival.
- Dual flush systems on toilets in new suites
- Maintenance manager checks for leaks in taps, toilets, valves and pipework on a weekly basis
- Limited water used in cleaning all windows
As a community we also support:
- Offering employment to local residents when possible
- Commitment from staff to follow all environmental initiatives in place
- We aim to purchase products from local suppliers
- We support local business by promoting their attractions and activities through reception
- Involvement with the sustainable business practice group
- Dedicated sustainable tourism webpage on our website